View Single Post
Old 11-02-2003, 03:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hi all I'm back

Look forward to catching up with you all soon.

I'm not sure if I can get to the 'Geelong Speedtrials' as we have friends visiting from up north that weekend.

Re the 'Geelong Speed Trials' - Bryan will correct me if I'm wrong here.

Head east on Myers Street Geelong, and turn left to travel north towards the water on Yarra Street. You will be stopped at a barrier on the corner of Corio Street by 'Apex Club' members who will charge you a small donation of $5 to park in the exhibition area.

Go into the exhibition area.

If you are late, they will direct you left into a bitumen car park on your left. Its not bad here but I think it is better to go into the exhibition area.

The exhibition area is booked by the Jaguar Car Club who have a concourse each year with Shannons as trophy sponsors.

You will need to get into Geelong very early to get a spot.

What do you think Bryan.

I usually find you need to be at 0830 - 0900 at the latest to get a good park spot. Perhaps an area could be reserved??

If you can all arrive together obviously you can park together.

If I can get away I will be there in the Cobra. If not I am sure Todd will call across and introduce himself.

Don't leave your Cobra keys around near him...

You will not be able to run your cars. Usually the Robnell cars get a run but, they have featured drivers in their cars. Graig Lownes ran one last year and guys such as Wayne Gardiner etc. get a run in a Cobra.

(Perhaps someone from Robnell can answer or agree here?)

Still insist you want to run?

Then try ringing the organiser, Gary Grant at C.A.M.S in Melbourne. I am positive that entries are closed but then again??

Cheers all

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026