View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003, 06:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Bill,

John Crawford here. I made the lift you saw at the spring fling. Quite simple of a design but I along with a friend who did all the welding designed the lift but I got the Idea from the way we get the cars from South Africa. One thing that was important about the lift was that it needed to be stable from lateral shift as well as front to back stability and that is how we designed it. I think I could have sold 10 of them at the fling but I'm not into fabricating lifts....Only selling great Cobra's from South Africa. Shamrocks! We got a great buy on the trailer and didn't really want an extremely large trailer so the only way we could carry two cars to the events was to design this lift. There were no lifts like this for trailers on the market. The only problem is if you have a car complete and lift it up that much, you could spill fluids out of the Transmission tail shaft or brake fluid out of the reservoir. I like the post after yours with the aluminum ramp thing. We did build our lift for that trailer and an easy de-installation for shows. Good luck building your lift. Any questions feel free to email me at Shamrockcobra427@aol.com
Thanks,
John Crawford