View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 09:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     
Default What Is the Procedure for Pulling Out and ERA Rear End?

Hi Guys,
I will soon be pulling out my ERA #375 (1992) rear end in order to change differential gearing. To that end, have any of you done this procedure in the past?

If so, can you share with me the process in detailed steps.

Does the gas tank need to be dropped as well or can it stay in place? Reason I am asking is just to know if I should let it get low or not.

Also, any specific tools I would need? I do not have a pneumatic setup, just hand tools and jack stands (4). How High off the ground will I have to raise up the car?

Lastly, what parts, bushings, etc would you suggest I change at that time. The rear is 11 years old but only 8900 miles on it. I was going to do the rear rotors and pads. Also check the SPAX shocks. What else would you suggest I replace or inspect at that time?

Thanks In Advance Bros'

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker