View Single Post
Old 11-09-2003, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default ME TOO

ERA626 Me Too Mike. about the car. It was worth the 20+ year wait. I know I have given Pete P. and company a few gray hairs from being a PEST. The info was always correct and fixed any problem I had with the assembling of the car.

REDSC400 I don't know what gears you have in the car but way not get a used center and put the gears in that one. You will do 2 things 1 Have a spare rear if you go racing or a failure of a part inside happens, I drove 1000 miles to Run&Gun in 99 and ran the car 3 miles and a new stub bearing broke in the case, I was done.I now bring everything that I need to rebuild the car for this event. Rearend,Clutch,MSD box, Computor box for the fuel injection, trans, next year added a spare short block to the list. I know, I'm nuts but without spare parts you are done for the day. You didn't say what gearing you are going to?? 2 If you keep the car like I am down the road the parts supply will dry up unless someone starts maken these parts. You don't find them in the junk yards anymore. If you don't like the gear change you can always go back to the old ones. You know that where are 4 different carriers for the Jag rear and 3 different axle shafts. A dana 44 from a CJ5 71-75 carrier will work insome cases. If you beat on the car you might want to add Chrome moly stub shafts,(ones in the carriers) 30 spline, CWI sells them, good for over 600 hp. Currie sell a rear cover for 145.00 that act as a girtle for the rear end caps on the carrier. It put a little pressure to stop them from moving. It looks good too, but you donot see it. I have tryed to make the car bullet proof as possible for racing. It's just added info that mite help. Christmas is coming and everybody needs gift ideas. Your the man who has almost every thing Good luck Rick Lake