Thread: spring fling 4
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 10:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Three Cobras, one 351W, one 427SO, one 527BB & one GT-40 427R
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Double Venom

As much as everyone seems to love the hotels, there were some serious complaints about at least one of the chains last year. Personally I tried to contact the local CEO threatening to pull all "Flingers" out before I finally got some results. The problem is, there is not a group of hotels in the area that can handle our now huge, loud and damned impressive family.
Ed, you and your staff do a wonderful job. No one blames you for the hotels because that is THEIR business, but you'd think they would want to actually run it like a business. Read on...

I agree about the hotel problem. I've heard of numerous incidents by hotels, but I'm not sure if it's one in particular or all combined. Certainly there will be mistakes when dealing with huge crowds, however, when the hotel goes out of it''s way to make it even WORSE after the fact, OBVIOUSLY they could care less if we come back... and that's not an attitidue I'd want to patronaize with my hard earned cash.

I stayed at the Cross Country Inn at the Hillard location and they basically robbed me blind! I have never been so shocked in my life when the charges on my credit card showed up DOUBLE their rate. That was not even close to the shock I got when calling them on it...

They charged me for TWO days extra passed my Sunday departure. They were grossly rude on the phone and the corporate HQ was worse! They told my wife on the phone "too bad, your husband called and you stayed Monday and Tuesday and we have proof." They said they had maid records, yet when asked for them, none were provided.

After disputing with my credit card company I discovered the Cross Country sent in the general registration paper you sign when you walk in the door to register. It just had a place to sign until you check out. THEN after I left they added the Monday and Tuesday charges to it after I left.

I assumed it was a mistake due to the confusion of the business, but their instant defiance, rudeness and lack of care to even look into it told the story. Their answer was "if you don't like our billing procedures, there are other hotels to stay at."!!!

When I provided them with my fuel charges I put on my card that tracked my 500 mile route back home (when I supposedly was staying there those two extra days), they changed their story and stated I now REGISTERED for 4 days, not two. Now they claim that I let someone ELSE stay in my room for those two extra days and that I am responsible for that room after I left... yet, they hade the keys we submitted on checkout... on sunday morning with everyone else! Hmmm.

The only difference between getting robbed by a thug on a street and by the Cross Country hotel staff and management, is that at least you have a chance to knock the gun out of the *thugs* hand before being robbed.

/Randall