Thread: spring fling 4
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
To me the Motels aren't the most important aspect of the Fling.
I have never stayed at one of the "HOST" motels. I stay right in London at the Knights Inn. There is a few others that do the same. There has got to be at least 10 to 15 motels within a 20 mile circle of London. Springfield has a bunch and it is only 2 0r 3 more miles away from London than the places you have all been staying. Yes I know, it's west of London. It seems that the big hang up here is the Motel gatherings. Yep, they're fun and you get to hang with all the guys. But this is not a good reason to not have the Fling in London. I used to go to the NHRA Nationals every year and I never stayed within 10 miles of the event grounds and I still had a good time.
Part of the fun of the event is the driving, so what's the big deal if you have to find motels that are a little further out. It CAN be done if somebody that lives around there would take a look around and find the right motels.
I have an idea that might go over. I was thinking that if the towns folk wanted us there then I think there is a neat way to do it. What if they turned the airport into a cruizin drive inn after 6 or 7 PM. They could use food vendors that could serve drive inn type food...burgers, fries shakes..you know the usual. Heck you can even have Dominoes set up out there and make pizza. There won't be a parking problem and everybody can hang out for as long as they like. If you want you can even have a DJ spinning records and people dancin'
To me, that airport has a lot of potential especially after the sun goes down.

Just an idea....

Hersh