View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 03:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Self Built, 427 USRRC, 427FE, Toploader
Not Ranked     
Default "splashes"

jopper,

There were three COBRA 427' that were splashed in 1968, ALLIED having done one of those. The other two were also splashed for various "one offs" and "replica" reasons for damaged or "air" cars as some persued at the time.

No one until my brother and I built a plug from scratch in 1972 and another for a wide/lwb body that customers wanted to utilize vette suspension. Photographs and company documents back this up for that time frame, see if you can get someone to supply anything earlier. I doubt it, this has came up many times over the years including being "meat" slapped several times on this issue, no showdown on photos/documents happened, since he or his sources just couldn't come up with them.

Our plugs came off of hundreds of measurements from the likes of CSX3272 and many others. George wouldn't let you even think of "molding off a pristine car. Body shops of that era were the biggest culprits at "splashing" when a car was damaged and in their shop.

Often wondered where others came up with their molds, just overcopying was the normal name of the game.

grumpy