View Single Post
Old 11-15-2003, 08:43 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Everett-Morrison,428SCJ
Not Ranked     
Default Is this really ERA 158??? Help!!!

I got up at 3:00 AM and drove 700 miles round trip to LA and back.....our intention was to pick up ERA 158 and a Jag IRS which my friend had bought on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2439415177

When we got to LA we found a shop with about a dozen CSX 2000 and 3000 series cars in various states of repair and a couple of aluminum Daytona coupes under construction.

We wiped the drool from our chins and went to look at ERA 158. When my friend looked the car over he noticed a few things that did not look right.

1. The side vents were fiberglass which was molded into the body, not the usual aluminum.

2. The front shock mount "X-brace" was made of square section tube, and not the round tube that I have seen on other ERA cars.

3. The body appeared to be black gell coat with no visible mould lines.

The billet hub carriers and lower control arms on the IRS in the picture had been replaced with stock Jag units..........

The remainder of the frame looked like what ERA builds, but my buddy thought that the fiberglass work around the cockpit looked to be poor quality and very thin in some places. We left the car and IRS there and drove home.

What do you guys think, did ERA ever build them like this???

Thanks!!
Jon Miller

P.S. I miss Bob P.