View Single Post
Old 11-16-2003, 10:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Great, My personal cobra is a chevy powered cobra as well but it was shipped that way from South Africa. I too perfer Ford powered cobra's but I don't have a problem with the chevy power. The reason most from South Africa are chevy's is due to an embargo out government had on them for a long time and they couldn't get Fords into their country. Chevrolet was already manufacturing there with the Opel market and the ford engines are hard to get and very costly. As far as replacement, well there's alot to it but not too bad. You not only have to change the mounts, headers, plumbing and some wiring, you also have to have your driveshaft modified to attach to a Ford type transmission and spline. I'll be glad to walk you through the process, just email me at "shamrockcobra427@aol.com". I just recently rebuilt my 350 Chevy for around $2000 and put new heads and all and get around 435HP at the crank and it was much easier and cheaper to just rebuild the Chevy and enjoy driving it. Where did you get your Shamrock? I assume it was used?

Thanks,
John
Shamrock Autocraft USA, Inc.

Last edited by chirodale; 11-16-2003 at 11:04 AM..