View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 12:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous ERA owner on break
Not Ranked     

RedSC400:

I purchased a set of stainless spinners from Enzo, and was in the process of drilling the holes for the safety wire when I got sent out of town for a month. I'll get them installed soon, of course using liberal quantities of anti-seize, and I hope that resolves the problem.

Not to beat a dead horse (so to speak) but there was an old thread in the earlier days of this site in which a member recanted his tales of woe about trying to beat his spinners off with a lead hammer. He included pics of the hammer in its terminal state and it wasn't recognizable as a tool. Of course, with a big enough heater you can always melt and recast the hammer (as some people do) but several folks have ended up cutting these spinners off with a torch, which of course plays havoc with the spindles and wheels. Again, not to be combative with other members who have had satisfactory luck with the hammers, but I really don't think any hammer would have budged these things without breaking off the tangs. I went down to the local steel outlet yesterday and purchased a 5-ft length of 1-inch diameter, cold rolled steel bar for use during the next episode.