Thread: CT registration
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2003, 08:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 428FE, glove box signed by Carroll Shelby
Not Ranked     
Wink CT MVD

I purposely looked for a Cobra previously registered in CT to avoid this pain. CT MVD is no fun no matter what car you are registering. Either its wrong paperwork, wrong line, etc.

Anyway, I registered my Cobra in June 03 and didn't need an inspection since it previously had a composite VIN. Except, in error the previous CT title used the EM frame VIN, instead of the CT inspector issued VIN. MVD issued my title with the compo VIN.

The only snag was that in Waterbury they wanted me to turn in the "427 SC" vanity plates and re-apply. I instead took them to Wethersfield along with the shiney newly issued plates that I didn't plan to use. Since I had the necessary letter from the previous owner transferring the vanity plates to me, Wethersfield MVD did what I wanted. "Do not cancel regular plates if you are issued vanity plates, they are forever linked"

The car is registered as a 1995 Composite and needed no inspection. Luckily it is titled as under 10 years old. I only mounted one plate on it and have no bracket for a front mounted license plate.

On the emissions web site the Compo VIN comes up as "not on file". I think it's exempt as a specialty vehicle although the engine is a 1968 428FE and could exempt for other reasons.

Last edited by capfel; 11-28-2003 at 06:13 AM..