Thread: CT registration
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2003, 07:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

65Cobtacar:

Congratulations, there is no doubt that I would be better prepared if there ever is another attempt to register a Composite, having learned from the experience.

Did you have heat shields installed, I did, and was there any mention of the sound level on the side pipes ?

Capfel:

I questioned with the www.ctemissions.com program the need to test a vehicle registered as a 2000 Composite having a 1966 engine. My CT issued VIN is in their system and I have a July 2005 inspection.

Submitted an inquiry and the response received:

At the end of this message is an excerpt from the regulations defining special interest vehicles. It is available electronically and in its entirety at http://www.cga.state.ct.us/2003/pub/...Sec14-164c.htm

However, to re-state, the determination of whether your vehicle needs to be emissions tested is based upon its registration, for example a 1925 Model T with a 1974 engine that is registered as a composite vehicle in 1999 would need to be tested because its registration date is as a 1999 model year. For your particular vehicle, you need to check the registration to determine if you need to bring it in. A letter will be sent to individual motorists notifying them of their test date and providing a complete list of stations. If you are exempt, you will not need a sticker, there are no stickers associated with this program. You can visit on-line after August 22 and run the vin yourself to get your test date, or you can call our hotline at 1-888-828-8399.

Hopefully you will have all the information you need to determine the manner in which you have registered your vehicle. Please, contact us again if we can be of further assistance.
Regards,

The Connecticut Emissions Program.

Sec. 14-1. Definitions. (a) Terms used in this chapter shall be construed as follows, unless another construction is clearly apparent from the language or context in which the term is used or unless the construction is inconsistent with the manifest intention of the General Assembly:...

(2) "Antique, rare or special interest motor vehicle" means a motor vehicle twenty- five years old or older which is being preserved because of historic interest and which is not altered or modified from the original manufacturer's specifications;…