View Single Post
Old 11-28-2003, 09:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Art

I also have a 428 along with the 3Qt Accusump and I wouldn't leave home with out it. I have installed a switch so I can have it operate either auto or man. You have to remember it will only store the amount of pressure that your oil pump is putting out. I run in the auto mode until I am ready to shut down and then I will cut power to the solenoid , rev the engine up a bit building a full charge 60 to 80 psi and then kill the engine. The next time I'm ready to start I flip the switch and have a full charge of oil to the engine. For your info it takes about a minute with "HOT" oil to depleat the accusump, and about 3 minutes with "COLD". I have mine located on the front cross member. I have also installed another oil pressure gage on my dash to tell me whats the pressure is in the tank. The tank has a gauge but its not much help to you if the hood is closed and you are in the car. The only adapter you need is a "T" installed in your return line from your oil cooler. It may be a little over kill but I also installed the check valve so I know if I break a line the oil will only go to the engine and if the oil pressure in the accusump drops below 20 PSI a light will come on.
my $.02

Fred
SPF 158