View Single Post
Old 12-06-2003, 05:33 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     

The three main motels/hotels are the Fairfield, Hampton and Cross Country. The Hampton is nice, but doesn't have outside doors to the rooms. If your significant other wants to be able to sleep in relative peace and quiet, this would probably be the best choice. The Cross Country has two (or three?) buildings arranged in a horseshoe (or "W"; can't recall) with rooms on both sides. It gets pretty loud in between the buildings in the evenings, so if you like a continuous party atmosphere, this would be the place to stay. The Fairfield is a nice balance: you can see/hear Cobras coming and going and park your car outside the door to your room, but there's more space between buildings.

There's been some talk on CC regarding patronizing some Cobra-friendlier hotels but I don't know whether the SF organizers have worked anything out yet. I do know that when I attended SF2 as a spectator, I arrived on Friday evening, called the Fairfield and was able to reserve a room. When I made plans to attend SF3 as a Cobra owner, I called in February, I believe it was, and the Fairfield was full, so I reserved a room at the Hampton. Cross Country would have been fine, too, but there was some confusion on my part. They may have changed franchises, or I may have written down the wrong name or whatever.