View Single Post
Old 12-08-2003, 09:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sorry... will supply more details as best I can..

Hmmm looks like a mustang or IS a mustang? Seriously, a hard question.... looks like a 1965 fastback, but body is entirely fiberglass... yes it was built by Ford motor company in the 1960s and delivered to holman/moody in Charlotte, NC (who at the time was one of Ford's 'factory race teams'. Rear wheelwells are about six inches or so forward of the stock location. I think the class was f/x was what he told me. Car was originally an FE engined car (427). The car was built by Ford as a factory drag car. luckily, my friend kept a lot of documentation - it was in several magazines both before and during his ownership. I wish I could be more specific, but I am giving info from memory. I would go look through some of the papers, but at this point, I don't want to attract more attention than necesssary. Just a minute ago, I saw a pic on the history section of this board that is very similar to an old (60's) pic of the car - it may actually be it, but I would not say for sure as I am not sure.

No blower or exotic fuel in its past that I know of.. Absolutely positive this is not a kit car - it is a Ford product.

Last edited by kwikdraw; 12-08-2003 at 09:31 PM..