View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 03:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Tohmer,

Sounds as if you are ready to go. Ron (CW) has already explained all the steps in an above post. I have an Olympus digital that I use and I can use the software that came with it or my printer and scanner software to resize and work on the pictures. But I use my paint shop pro photo program mostly as it is quicker than using the other. Also Dons points are well stated. Take a couple of practice shots with the new camera and get an idea of what size the photos are going to be. My computer has card readers built in as drives so I just stick the memory card in. load whatever photos I want off of it and go to the photo program. And as Don said and I think Ron also, don't change the original. Do your work and use the save as copy or save as button to save the changed picture with any name you want. Also I think most programs let you set the amount of compression when you save as, so check and see what percent you are compressing the picture. And by the way, I am not very knowledgeable about this stuff. Most of what I know including which photo program would be best for me Ron (CW) told me and helped me through my learning phases.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery

Last edited by Ron61; 12-09-2003 at 03:09 PM..