View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

First off, the platform is made out of a round stainless disk which measures 9.5" in diameter. A hole, the size of the carburetor throat is cut into the center. A round pipe of some material, I think it is brass or bronze, is welded to the disk. The pipe fits perfectly on the throat of the Holley carb. The pipe is cut or tapered at an angle so that, as fitted (low to the carb body) the disk does not come in contact with the rear pump and float reservoir.

This came with the car, and was fabricated by an unknown person. I can inquire. To be honest, it is best I take a photo of it at some point in time. It is simple but very effective.

There is no lower lip to hold the filter. K&N filter grease is used to stick the filter to the disk platform. This makes a nice air-tite gasket along the top and bottom of the filter.

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker