View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 10:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

One need not look any further than Germany to see what the outcome of the mass immigration carries with it.

In the 50's Germany needed migrant workers. They solicited and got thousands of Turks to come to their country to do all those odd jobs listed above. Actually some were well paying factory jobs at auto plants and alike.

Bear in mind these people went to germany as LEGAL MIGRANT workers. A few might have snuck into the country , but that is all.

The difference is they were all legal at the time of their entry into Germany. Who went there? Not the well educated Turks with jobs and familes. The people from remote villages, those with no skills and jobs. It was good while it lasted. Germany needed them they worked and sent money to their families back in Turkey.

A little later on some brought their families, some married to Germans. They had kids. Pretty soon Germans needed those jobs back. As the second generation of Turks were employed some Germans were going without work. All of a sudden they were willing to do those jobs. They were better than nothing.

Telling the Turks to go back was a joke. Some of their kids born in Germany had no more intention of going back to where they came from than my kids do.

They were asking "what the hell is a Turkey". They had never been there, and weren't about to leave and go soewhere where their ancestors came from.

This created (and still does) a lot of ethnic friction in a country where the jobs are not plentiful as they once were.
They are part of the landscape now and will forever remain that way.

This all started with legal immigration of a few thousand.
Imagine what is going to happen here when millions documented and probably as many NOT documented start making the same demands on the American culture few more years down the road.

Hell I am a beneficiary of this, and I am alarmed by it.
Bringing or allowing people in and looking the other way because Americans won't do this or won't do that is a poor excuse to let this cluster $uck we call immigration to go on unchecked.

If the illegals were not here,homes would still be built, beds will still be made and yes the crops will still be picked. If you can't pick them you won't plant them.

Any economy that lets illegal acts or labor balance it, is neither fair or worthy of being part of the American way.

If you own a business that can't employ an illegal alien you pay the prevailing wages. If that doesn't get you the help you want, you may have to pay a little more until you get someone to do the job.

Who decided the hotel stay should be $54.60. If the true cost of running that joint by employing legal labor would make the price go up another 3-5 bucks so be it!

You don't want cities like Oakland and San Francisco with budgetary difficulties to employ illegal aliens as cops, would you?

So it is ok for some industries and not ok for others. How fair is that?

I would like to pay a little less for my shoes. If Florsheim would only employ an illegal alien as a counterperson I may save $3.00.

If Las Vegas hired illegal aliens as dealers maybe they would let us win more, since their labor costs would be lower.

This is not the way to balance our economy on the backs of the people willing to do it for less than you and I. let the market place dictate the prices. Not the international labor pool.

TURK