View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 05:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics, 302
Not Ranked     
Talking Too Funny

This thread has become highly entertaining...Thanks to all who are contributing. It's doing worlds of good for my attitude.

I have seen printed statements that the world economy will be determined by the 95% of people who do NOT live in the United States. And yes, one can never blame another for wanting to raise their standard of living...especially since their view of our standard is driven by hollywood (don't those people ever leave the coffee shop?) images.

Ultimately, our standard of living will decline more than anyone else's will be raised. My position is that the transition should be controlled. Let's start with a 10% tax on every dollar leaving the country. After a year, reduce it to 9%, and so-on. This will provide monies to retrain, or build new industries.

Refer back to greed: I had to check the dictionary..."excessive or reprehensible acquisitiveness: AVARICE".

Just for a reality-check, let's see what corporations are doing business with, and American Workers are up against:
- Corruption. Most business in third-world countries can only take place in an environment of bribery.
- Slavery. They don't call it that, but India and China both allow forced labor.
- Child labor. The brass factories in India employ children, most of which do not reach adulthood. The carpet-weavers live longer.

I would much rather lose my job to an "illegal" Mexican with a strong work-ethic, than to encourage the economic system just described.