View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

Hi Terry,
My car runs less than optimally with a turkey pan on. I do not know why. So even though I have a turkey pan I do not run it. One day, I will perhaps try to get to the bottom of that but that day is not here yet.... its on the list though.

So, I see no real value, in normal operations of the car to run the H&S chrome cover atop a KN filter element.

As far as I am concerned, from a looks standpoint, the H&S chrome cover should be run with its own filter and wire enclosure.

If I am running the K&N to get more air in, then I will run the Xstream cover to get even more air in. My 850 Holley likes alot of air it seems as I can feel the difference with and without.

So the H&S is for show and the K&N is for ... go or normal driving use.

I just wish there was an easy to install turkey pan that was not so intrusive with all the fuel guts atop the manifold. One day I will see if I can create a hinged type of turkey pan in a clamp on/ clamp off arrangement. Now that would be great!

I am in agreement with your statement about authenticity and the use of the various filter combinations for show and go.

Cheers.

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker

Last edited by REDSC400; 12-10-2003 at 06:35 AM..