View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 09:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

ToyCollector.......don't even get me going on UNIONS! I've already expressed myself on the illegals flooding our nation and taking jobs.......but the unions - now THATS another story. I feel there may have been a time and a place in this country for Unions, but that time has come and gone. Teachers here in Illinois have been going on strike "one school at a time" ever since the school year began. They shut the school down, grab everyone by the short hairs, and demand more pay. The last strike here the teachers in Chicago wanted 10% raises. TEN Percent!! This during a slow economy and while people in other industries aren't getting raises at all, or worse yet.....being laid off. The teachers in my suburb make 90K yr and a nice pension when they retire (they were on strike a few years ago to get that). C'mon.......they work maybe 7.5 months out of the year. Don't get me wrong......education is important.......but what are we really getting for our money? Look how far behind (especially in math and science) our kids are compared to many others around the world (especially the orientals). On a 375K - 400K house in our 'burb, you pay $1000.00 / mo in property taxes (with the majority of that going to education). .......Bend over please!
As far as the union workers in the trades, they seem to do good work.........that is when their working! Everytime I walk in on them they seem to be on brake!
I would also like to put to rest this myth that mexicans are HARD working! Sure, they seem to be hard working because they are doing the jobs that most others wouldn't want to do. But, I'm here to tell you, if they aren't being supervised......they aren't working hard. I'll walk in on trade workers (drywallers, painters, even landscapers) and if their supervisor has stepped out for something.......they're standing around chatting, or cooking something up on their mini-stove!
I have no problem with human beings wanting to better their lives, and their families lives. And if they think coming to America will help them do that, then that's what they should do. BUT, do it LEGALLY. I think our government should apply more pressure on Mexico to give their residents more reason to stay there. A lot of American companies are moving some, or all of their facilities to Mexico for the cheaper labor. This is builing the Mexican economy, and creating a lot of jobs there.......but they still keep coming over here. Now our government needs to do more about our borders, and start rounding up the millions of illegals we have here already.
What gets me about all of this, is the things I hear on the job. These illegals sit around and laugh at how easy it was to get into our country.....how, once they are here, they can start living off the taxpayers......their children get educated for free (and some are being educated in Spanish speaking classes!)....their wives can become citizens, along with their unborn child once it is born (also paid for by us).....and how this country is starting to cater to them (spanish speaking TV and radio stations, politicians kissing their a$$es to get their vote, spanish speaking teachers, heck - spanish speaking EVERYTHING!!). Their favorite saying is: Mexico is invading America......and they never had to fire a shot!
What's it going to take before the fat, lazy people of this country (and our blind government officials) finally wake up and see what is happening here? One day there will be a hispanic in the White House, English will be our SECOND language here, and white's will be the minority (hispanics have already surpassed blacks as the biggest minority and they are growing at an alarming rate). ......But then it will be too late. OOOPS!

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 12-10-2003 at 02:31 PM..