View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 10:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Tweaked 351W, T-5Z, CRII Tech Support Team.
Not Ranked     

I'm a torque junky as well, and if this was a 3400 - 3800 pound car, I wouldn't be fooling with a mid-block. That being said, there are times when a little more grunt without downshifting a stock displacement 351W would be nice. So, if I were doing up another motor, it would be a 393W with a hydraulic roller cam.

Cobras are notorious for overheating, so I installed the best cooling system I could find. Cobras are notorious for roasting the drivers feet, so I ceramic coated the headers inside and out, and used double sided aluminum faced padding under the carpet.

One more thing to Cobra builders who don't have their car "On-the-street" yet.

It's all about balance. The car has to look good, go, stop, and turn corners. The car has to be fun to drive, safe to drive, and nice to drive. It is going to be a member of your family. Extended family if you join a local Cobra Club. (Wonderful people, I might add.)

My opinion, the 351W or stroker variant is an ideal size engine for a Cobra. But regardless of what you power it with, your driving skills are due for an upgrade. No Sh!t! A Cobra is so responsive that you're going to have to learn how to drive all over again!

You'll be thinking, "Jeez, I could kill myself in this thing!" Actually, the real danger is getting back into your commuter/grocery getter
and it doesn't go, stop, and turn corners like your Cobra does and you have an "Aw Sh!t!!!!"

Kinda like somebody handing you the keys to an Air Force F-16 fighter. It has a lot more capabilities than you do climbing into it for the first time. You've got to get to know her. Treat her right and she'll orgasm beyond your wildest dreams. Mistreat her, and you're a 16' hole in the ground in the dessert.

Heed my words, and respect your Cobra.