View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 04:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1991 RMC 1966 427SC replica, 302 Cleveland, Edelbrock manifold with 600 Holley double pumper.
Not Ranked     

Dan,

This can be the most frustrating part of building your cobra!!!. Never fear there is plenty of experience with this one. I would suggest you contact Don Pilling (Snakebite) in Queensland ph no. 617 5529 0877 he was very helpfull with my wipers. He can send you a diagram with measurements. I have a diagram but very faded however the twin wiper position is 245mm from centre of body and 105mm from bonnet edge. I would still have a discussion with Don before you proceed.

You should also ensure you have 32 teeth wiper drives (Jag series 1) as they match the lucas degree mark on the cam (ie 105 125 deg). If you can get the fully adjustable Trico wiper arms to ensure you get the full sweep with 10" blades (Don has these, can also try Mini Minor spares places).

Your windscreen angle also has an influence on your sweep degree. ie the steeper the angle on the windscreen the shorter the sweep can be for twin wipers, I remember Don suggesting that 50 degrees windscreen angle gives a 125 degree sweep. You may have to play with a few cams at different degrees to get it right. ie get a few different cams from 95 - 125 degrees.

Let us know how you go.

Regards

Tony.