View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1991 RMC 1966 427SC replica, 302 Cleveland, Edelbrock manifold with 600 Holley double pumper.
Not Ranked     

Dan,

I went and measured my wheelbox positions yesterday. My wipers are set at 240mm from centre and 105 from bonnet (I bought the car already fitted with wipers). I had a few problems sorting out an over sweep when I bought the car. I still have a small problem with a small gap of 1/2" non swiped screen (position of wheel boxes too wide) and my windscreen is set a little steeper at 52deg. I dont know how your vehicle authorities view wiper sweep (VicRoads here like to see a high % windscreen sweep). After reading Les's note his position of 220mm would be spot on and would resolve my small gap issues unfortunately this will have to wait for a future rebuild !!!. Thanks Les! I will write that one down for the future!!! (Nice to see another RMC on the forum!!!)

One other engineering suggestion is if you cant get the right degree sweep cam I made an adjustable cam for the Lucas motor drive. Made life very easy as my wiper wheelboxes are not 32 teeth drives. Let me know if you want to know how to do this it is quite simple to make. (Can send a diagram).

Regards

Tony Cram