View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Art I used a plate adapter between the oil filter and the mounting for the cooler in/out. It has a one way valve in it so a flap valve wasn't necessary. Just T'd the line in to the cooler return. I left it on all the time once I started it. Doesn't hurt to do it, hurts if you need it and don't have it. The oil press gauge would rise to almost whatever the Accusump pressure was. As for the amount of oil, overfill the pan about 2 quarts to start, run it for a while till the cylinder fills and the pressure gauge reads about the same as engine pressure. Shut the engine off and check the pan level and refill accordingly. For oilchanges, open the valve and let it run dry, shut off the key and wait a while till it drains down. Fill like normal and add the extra amount you found when you started it the first time. The solinoid valve will fill the cylinder when ever the engine runs, but not release until activated. I ran the power from "key on" thru a dash switch and on to the valve. Could stop discharge if I needed to, like when leaving the key on for something, and it was automatic on starts. The only time I varied from this was when racing and the oil got real hot, then I would manually shut down the valve on the cooldown while the pressure was high. Never noticed a problem with heat rise from the radiator, it was always on and just flowed in and out as necessary.

Have fun

Don