Thread: Shelby pricing
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2003, 12:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

The $39-42k cars are the glass bodied cars being built in South Africa by CAV. They are very nice copies of an ERA or Contemporary done with Carroll's blessing. If what you want is to say "yes" whan someone asks you if it is "real" this might be your car.

You will still need to drop 20-30k in a side oiler and a few grand in accessories, another 2k for a toploader or a 5 or 6 speed to get it on the road. Not a bad car for $75k complete in "original" trim.

I will point out the car Turk built, CSX-4148 is still available on e-bay for 124k. if you use buy it now.

I can still hear Carroll screaming about "counterfit" cars in my head when I see these ads. The irony in this is really pretty cool.

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)