View Single Post
Old 01-01-2004, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk 3 408 530 - 585 T- mustang Dyno at B&R
Not Ranked     

Just in case someone reads this since August. I have AC in my soft top and on very hot days in AZ, well @ 115-125 on the road just stay home. The hotter it is out and the higher your HP the hotter the cockpit. Unless you were really smart and had the firewall and cockpit lined under the carpet. (I wish I had done that; may still do it in the future).

The area between the windshield will have a gap so air escapes there along with around the snaps. I had a company called "Top Shop" in PHX go though the top and put a professional round rope inclosed lining around the snap edge on the under side. I also had them reinforce the top to the frames in 4 different areas. the reason for this was to help the top not bubble up as you are going down the highway like all convertables do. Also get the windshield brace put on so the crome around your windshield won't be pulling away.

Vinage Air is also a good place to go if you have one in town to make sure it is set up right. I had a problem with where the condenser was mounted and had it fixed. It rubbed against the radiator from vibration. I know Cobras never vibrate.......

I wouldn't have it any other way Phoenix. The Sun out here dries up your head and face so fast ,
your lips swell out, part..ly fall off and the birds eat the rest of your lips while you are passed out in the heat. In others words, everyone's heads have regular visits to the skin doctor.