View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 01:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427SC FMS 351W
Not Ranked     
Default Routing of Brake Reservior Lines in 427 ERA

I am replacing both master cylinders, the reservior, all three reservior lines (including the clutch) and the brake box on ERA454. Everything is going well except how to route the rtwo brake reservior lines without interfering with the pedals. I am sure that the existing hardware is not ERA standard so I need help. I recently purchased all parts (ready to bolt in) from Doug.

Do the rubber lines leaving the master cylinders run above the master cylinder bracket and floor? Or only the rear master cylinder line?

Do I position the lines between the gas pedal and brake pedal on the front wall of the foot box?

Doug mentioned that I would not need to cut the lines (31" long) but it seems that I have more too much length if I run the rubber lines from the front edge of the 4X4 cutout straight up to the 3-in-1 reservior.

What is the best way to make the connection to the reservior? Push the lines through the top of the foot box and then connect and then push excess back down into the foot box? Or make connection with a worm screw clamp inside the foot box?

Help! Dave B