View Single Post
Old 01-05-2004, 02:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Another nightmare at DMV

Well, with all paperwork in hand, along with CHP VIN assigned, I camped out in front of the local DMV office at 6:22 am 1/2/04 with chair, coffee and newspaper. Never mind that I had an appointment for 8:30 am, I wanted to be in the door first. At 6:40 another guy showed up. By 7:00 25 people were in line and 75 by 8:00 am for assorted business. When my number B001 was called I prayed for a gearhead or person of intelligence behind the counter. Not so. They had never even heard of SB100, sequence numbers or.... First they said to go to the Bureau of Automotive Repair for an exemption. Then they said to go to the smog referree. Finally I told them that this was their own program and that I wouldn't leave until I got my sequence number. Long story short, after 30 minutes the supervisor says he has no more time in the day to call a busy signal and gives me the number to call and get a sequence number assigned. After offering no phone to use, I stormed back home to call the Sacramento line. 30 minutes later the special processing unit says they don't assign to private individuals, only DMV field offices.....DUH! I told the moron supervisor that I would bet money I get turned away. Special processing got him on the phone and gave him the riot act and made him call as needed to get the number. 1 hour later at 10:20 am I am now 2004-38. Next stop, smog referree, then back to DMV to complete titling and get my specialty plates. As a footnote, the moron supervisor told me to just come straight to him for my next DMV visit since he jerked me around so much.

Another prisoner of civil service - DMV.