View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 07:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't own a Cobra. But love them so much, am Chief Operating Office of a company that builds them.
Not Ranked     

Uhhhhhhhh....guys...... we're just "kit car owners and builders". We don't know jack about nothing. Just ask some of the hoi polloi running the Daisy project.

We common men have loved the virtual lifestyle of this, THE QUINTESSENTIAL sportscar for over 40 years, and WOULD NOT LET IT DIE when "others" walked away from it. We may have "interservice rivalries" about out favorite variant, but let an outsider ( Corvette, Ferrari, etc. ) ping on one of us and we're all ready to close ranks!

Buzz, in one pic you have my attention...that's more than Ford and the herd of minions and the millions of bucks could accomplish combined. YOU'VE DONE SOME REALLY FABULOUS CONCEPT TWEAKING... but we're just a bunch of yokels on the internet.

Someone said on another thread, "If its great, it doesn't need to grow on you". Their chassis made me want to go for a barf bag or put an Audi badge on it. Your variant had me thinking "I gotta have one of those!" Just like in 1967....

Forty years from today the AC 289 and 427 will still be an icon. Left as it is now, I believe this turkey will be no more than a "series 1" footnote. And C.S's 'batting average' will indeed have further slipped from genius to a mere 'right place at the right time'. I didnt think they could redesign an icon. They didn't. But you're well on your way.

I am tucking your effort away as if we ever do a "supercar" or another project we now have in mind, we would like for you to visit us in Kansas City for a few weeks.

With the sincerest respect.... Bob

Bob Lockett, Chief Operating Officer
PREMIER MotorSports, LLC