View Single Post
Old 01-10-2004, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Hi David,

The front lower control arm pivot bolts should be snug but shouldn't need hammering in. Check there isn't some paint on the inside of the tube. Quite a few of the bolt holes for the suspension parts I had to ream slightly because of the paint buildup on the inside. You will probably also need to make up some 6mm spacer washers for the pivot bolts unless Ian has changed his design.

The rear hub was a bit of a bugger to get apart. The nut that Ford use on the hub is actually a stack of about 3. Each is about 2mm thick and are threaded on top of each other. You will probably dammage them getting them undone as I think they are a 1 shot device. I destroyed mine getting them off but I replaced them with some big nylock nuts that I ordered through a bolt supply. Once the nuts are undone the shaft itself is pressed into a double stacked bearing in the hub and it took a bit of force to push it out. The bearing stack is pressed into the hub also and by a large circlip as backup.

My front shocks are about 420mm eye to eye at full extension. take 50mm off that tom make 370mm and I reckon that would be a reasonable ride height.

Cheers