View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 03:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB,Ford Tickford 302 220kw with BTR 4 speed auto, 3.9:1 LSD
Not Ranked     

Hi Nathan,

If its true about the G Force being registered as a rebodied Toyata then that might be a good way to go if you want it to be naturally aspirated.

Generally if you buy a kit car in 2004 then its a 2004 car and must meet all ADR's for a 2004 car. That means the only current option is Elec Fuel Injection.

I'm building a DRB. I met a guy who built one for $25,000 about 5 years ago. He used the standard torana diff [(did not rebuild it) Cobra's are so light you can get away with it]. He got a used motor (302) from either the US or Japan (cant remember). He did all the building himself. he reckons he sold it 2 years later for $45,000.

Personally I'm rebulding (or having rebuilt) everything so mine will cost me around $45,000. For example some one gave me an old LH torana. I had the diff rebuilt with 3.9 ratios, fine spline and limited slip for $1,000.

Originally I bugeted for $35,000

All those little $1,000 add up. If you want to drive it as a daily driver (as I do) then you will probably need to rebuild everything.

Admittedly I have used expensive lucas lights etc. You can save money bu using land rover lights etc. It just depends on how you want you car to look.

Hope this helps

Hey Boxhead......DRB have hard tops, I have one (the fit pretty well).

Regards

Cameron