View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I agree with the recommendation for 'best 10.' This is an informal show so let the visitors, and that will include the car guys who enter, vote the top car and then arrange the ten that receive the most votes.

A manila envelope on each car, with a ballot available as you walk in. Viewer drops the ballot in the envelope of the car of choice. Vote as many times as you want - keep it simple. At two in the afternoon, someone gathers up the envelopes and by two thirty you can make the awards. Number ten gets a slot car, numbers one through three get 'real' trophies and the rest something in between.

As an alternative to a trophy, see about having a local photographer donate his skills to photograph the top vote getter, at a site to be agreed to by he and the car owner.

Have fun with it and don't try to recognize anymore than the informal setting calls for.