Thread: Which Tyre?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

No problem Les. Just goes to show I'll chat about Cobras with anyone, even Queenslanders It was good to catch up with you.

Ozwheels make their wheels in any offset you want. Mine are a pretty radical offset on the rear with an 8.5" back space on an 11" rim. I believe the rims halves that Tom spun op for that up for the monaro were about 9" or 10" and there's not many people than can spin a rim half that deep.

The set of 4 rims from Ozwheels works out to about AU$2,800 The pin drive adaptors I got from the local Superformance agent CTC. Bryan did me a rock bottom deal on 4 adaptors spinners and nuts for AU$1320. The only problem is the adaptors are Ford stud pattern so I had to re drill them to fit the Jag front hubs on my car.

The CTC guys are super helpful and I reccomend you give them a call for a chat. They also had some beautiful 15" rims to go with the adaptors and I think they were very reasonably priced (possibly cheaper than the Ozwheels from memory) Unfortunately they weren't available in different offsets. I believe the rims are identical to the trigos since that's what Superformance used to run before they started making their own.

Cheers