View Single Post
Old 01-17-2004, 12:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Richard,
Your somewhat scolding of those who either failed to, or were not interested in reading that thread left me wondering if you are trying to say a little bit more than what you actually said...

What do you suggest? Maybe some of the clicks on threads that seem to be of higher interest to members be automatically diverted to that thread for mandatory reading, or better yet, deny access to other areas of the forum unless one has read the technical threads first?

Who reads what thread and how many respond to each thread is usually determined by the level of interest. It is obvious to me and should be to you that the forum is far more diverse and people know to go to the area of their interest.

Why be “appalled”? It just reflects on the habits of those participating.

You are technical man by nature and by profession. It may come as a surprise to you that some are indeed more interested in subjects you are mocking.
"everyone SHOULD be reading this thread" WHY?
Just because you find it interesting, everyone should be reading it?

Trying to take the forum to the "Good Old Days" is wishful thinking on your part.

When there were only 50or so people in here at one time, maybe all that was posted were of interest to those 50. I bet more people read that thread today than would have 5 years ago when there were only 16 people in here.

It is my guess that due to the size of the forum and the size of the membership there are probably far more technical stuff in here now then there ever was.
As for the "old members"...well they probably got OLD, and got tired of the joint. However it is worth noting that, while some of the original dozen or so may have departed, thousands took their place.

What made this club happen is what is happening NOW!. How it got it's start and where it came from is very ancient and interesting history.
This is what it is today.
If Brent did not like the direction it is going he would have kept it the way it was and it wouldn't have evolved into what it did.

I am puzzled with the way you seem to indict and criticize what you think is in here as opposed to what you think ought to be in here.

Your own participation as an Old Timer seems rather limited with 441 post for as long as you claim to have been here.

Not everyone can write as technical as you can. Some are here for reasons other than chassis tuning and steering geometry.

As for the future of the forum, I think it looks rather bright and very promising.
You just have to know where to look.

TURK
One of almost 10,000 members.