Thread: ERA New Seat
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

Gary and Sal:

Well I got there about 2PM Sal. As I said in my earlier post, the planets were not in alignment yesterday. We just must have missed each other. Ted was still drilling the holes for the lenses and such. Doug was working on your brake lines. Doing belling and champfering. They were also putting a pile of part together for the ERA in Italy that was caught in a Mud Slide. No kidding. The car was covered in tons of mud and was extracted. Now they are doing a full restoration over in Italy and ERA is gathering up all the parts necessary for the resto. Incredible eh?

Sal... Are you getting a set of those "new" seats?? BTW, there was dust on you paint man.... You should be "detailing it" when you are there! Shame on You.... Shame....

Gary:

I have no idea what those new seats will cost. I would imagine a call to Peter would solve that. I was afraid to ask.

I have two ways to go... first would be to have my old ones reupholstered by ERA and the other would be to get a set of the new ones. But that is just gilding the lilly as mine are just fine for now... You know, the concept of the heated seat is sounding better all the time. I bet one could find a heating membrane in the parts aftermarket that would fit? Or salvage one out of some other seat. My wifes' 300M has a two setting seat heater (hot and hotter) whereas my SC400 is just a one setting jobber. I love heated seats now, especially in this cold weather. I will ask if it could be done next time I am at ERA...

If you do find out... email me the price for two in black leather...

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker

Last edited by REDSC400; 01-20-2004 at 02:28 PM..