View Single Post
Old 01-21-2004, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gave it to Russ
Not Ranked     
Default Switched intakes, now stumbling, 650 DP

I've replaced my air gap intake with a victor on my 302. I did this since I've installed nitrous and wanted a single plane intake so there's nothing in the way of the nitrous/fuel bar on the plate. I also bought a 4" tall air cleaner and replaced the 3" one, not that it should matter. Just trying to point out what's different.

Anyway, I've just taken the car for a spin and at part throttle the car is stumbling badly. Once I give it full throttle, it takes off and actually runs great to 7k. I'm sure I need to rejet now but not sure which way to go. The victor has much larger ports and I bought the fel pro 1262 and gasket matched the head ports. I had the fel pro 1250 on the air gap and didn't gasket match and some of the head port was covered a touch. I'm sure I'm flowing more at higher rpm's with the victor, and it really doesn't matter what rpm's I'm at, it stumbles at part throttle, even at 4-5k.

My float bowls are to the bottom of the sights, I never get any kind of back-fire, even letting off the gas in gear. My carb is a Holley 650 double pumper, ANY IDEAS? Other noteworthy engine upgrades are under my ID.

By the way, I have not used any nitrous during my testing.