View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF with 514 and tko
Not Ranked     

GT-2

With over 8000 miles on my 514, including one cross country 3500 mile plus trip, along with almost 1000 miles on the Blue Ridge Parkway with the Parkway 45mph speed limit, the only maintenance so far is adjust valves once. I am having to remove the intake at this time to fix a water leak due to poor installation by the previous owner. All this mileage has been with the stock cam and distributor. Where else can you get over 600 hp for a retail price of $7595.00. If the engine dies, I will just buy another and still have less money in it than most custom engines. If money is no object, then there are several all aluminum big and small block engines that would be great.
The only down side I have found is, when stuck in traffic for long periods, the engine compartment gets very hot. You know large engine - small engine bay. If you see a SPF with a small block installed, the engine looks very small in the engine bay compared to a 385 series engine. The second possible down side is, if you are the kind of person that only knows two throttle positions - off and to the floor - you will not survive very long.