Thread: Cobra Kits
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 11:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1949, Color Black & Gold, Keith Craft 427/482 cubic inch Genisis sideoiler, 637 HP, Tremec 5 speed.
Not Ranked     

Thanks again guys. I am learning a lot about the Cobra and the kits, especially having never built one before and also been a while since I worked on cars period. Getting the bug again, BAD!!!! Hard not to get in a rush, but will take your advice to research and evaluate everything possible.

I think that I read everything that there is to read about FFR and ERA, even spoke with the ERA people the other day. Also, read the entire testimonial of the guy that posted his entire day by day experience with them and the car, I was impressed. As much as I am sold so far on ERA, I am afraid that they will be beyond my budget. I haven't actually sat down and devised a budget yet, kinda been thinking of a rough number though, the more I learn about the cars. The guy with the posted story in ERA had sort of the same idea as I, with trying to stay as original as possible and also going with the 427so. I believe he finally got the car completed for just under 50K. Considerably more than I was thinking about.

I will look into the other companies that you guys have mentioned ASAP. I may also try and contact some of you off of the forum for more help. While I am continuing the research with the kit companies, I may try and start rounding up parts for whatever kit I should choose. ie: motor / motor parts / trans etc.. I have a lot to learn and will needs lots of help.

Thanks again,

Tex