Thread: Era 377
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 377 - 428SCJ
Not Ranked     
Default ERA 377

Thanks to both Jamvan and Traveller for your imput. I do believe that the 428 will be more than thrilling.

However, as I contemplate a purchase and try to evaluate two very desireable cars I need to sort out whether the 427SO adds enough desireablility for a variety of reasons including (gd forbid) resale to push me in that direction.

I have seen 377 up close and it is outstanding.
On the other hand the 427 car gets high marks from Peter at ERA as having been very nice originally, and it does have a Southern Auto built motor, but is now 12 or 13 years old. If upon inspection the fit, finish and general reflection of the car's care is significantly below 377's then it gives me some pause for thought.

I think that since I am under no deadline to make a decision, I will fly over to see the 427SO car and make a decision after that.

I have an appointment tomorrow AM with the CA DMV to try and sort out exactly how to handle a used car from out of state with current registration in it's home state and convert to legal status here. I'm guessing that I am in for the same SB-100 circus that I have been reading about.

Anybody want to comment on any of the above, I am trying to be open minded and avoid mistakes on a purchase that is this important to me.
Thanks
Hoppy
428SCJ