View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 01:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

Howie, I appreciate the fact that you want to set the record straight. It has been brought up many times about Gary and his "hold" on Classic. But if you would please take the time to find out the facts on what has happened since last July you would know things have changed.

I bought the entire Classic operation which includes all models. I have spent over $150k to fill all customer backorders and we are almost 100% caught up. I have all the shelves full and we have been shipping product over the last month (9 Cobras and 3 Badlands). The company has been moved to Minnesota and I have absolutely no affliation with Gary. I brought Pete with me and he has been doing a great job. The new company is Classic Roadsters II. I am very proud of what has been accomplished in the last 6 months. We no longer sell factory direct and I have setup Classics by Elite (Jay Kowalik) as the USA distributor of the entire Classic line.

I don't mean to sound irritated but this is old news and I don't want people to think the new company isn't doing what I promised.
Don Scott

As a side note, Leisure Industries was bought out by IMAR and Gary and his wife are no longer employed by them. The new CEO, Tom Eide has done a great job, production is up over 40% with the same amount of people. In the last year since the buyout IMAR is the number 1 boat mfg in the USA. They are doing very well.

Last edited by dscott; 01-30-2004 at 01:51 PM..