View Single Post
Old 02-02-2004, 06:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     
Default I need some advice...

I didn't wanna go with the seats that Shell Valley offers...so I bought some 200 series SPF seats with the removeable bottoms. These seats are very long....hehehe....

What I'm faced with, is that even when they're shoved back to the bulkhead, there would be no reason for a seat adjuster. They could be mounted on spacers or on the floorboard, and it would be just fine. I did some measuring and compared it to the interior drawing on ERA's website...Their cars have 26-27" from the steering wheel hub to the back of the top of the seat. They also have 37-42.5" from the pedals to the back of the seat bottom...where your butt goes.

I measured mine with the seat all the way back and I got 27" for the 1st measurement, and 40" for the 2nd.

For some reason, this seems awfully cramped. I've attached a couple of pics for you guys to look at. The first pic is a side view of my car...the second is a Kirkham picture...

It's been so long since I've driven or sat in a Cobra that I can't remember how awkward (I know they are a little) they are to sit in and drive.

From what I've mocked up so far, it seems like you sit slanted to the left (driver's side), your feet are even more so...the steering wheel is cocked just a smidgen to the right...and it appears that the steering wheel would just rub against your legs all the time.

Hopefully you guys can offer some input....from experience or creativity either one.
Attached Images