CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 GT 350 #2264
Not Ranked     
Default Mr. Casaleenie........

[quote]Originally posted by casaleenie

Quote:
Originally posted by daltondavid

Now I am an admitted newbie to the replica market, but am born and raised in the Auto business. I am not a mid life crisis "Wall Streeter" who sold his shares the same day as "Martha Stewart", and am looking to stick my profit in a toy.

Wow,
Talk about coming in with "both guns blazing", that comment should endear you to many on this forum....
That should take care of the "slap in the face"part, now all you have to do is deliver a swift kick to the testicles of your fellow Club Cobra members.....
Casaleenie, I was not insinuating that everybody on this forum is Blessed with disposable income and are not smart enough to know what to do with it, So they buy a COBRA! Quite the contrary. (Thanks for coming to my defense JIM!) People with Disposable income usually are quite intelligentwith their money, that is why they have some to throw around. Jim's assessment of my comment was dead on in comparison with the Harley market. For example, in 1981, When I was 18 I bought a 1957 Harley Davidson Panhead Rigid Frame Chopper. We lived on our Bikes. 10-15,000 miles per year was standard and we only have 7 good months of rididng season. I have since then owned 48 Harleys. I have been to Daytona Bike week 12 times. I even (GOD FORBID) Rode there 987 miles on several of those trips! I was at "Sturgis" for the 50th Anniversary in 1990 and saw Sam Kinnison perform at the Easyrider show. and while I had Hair halfway down my Back and a full face Beard, Tattoos cover my upper body and arms, I noticed the emergence of what we called "RUBS" which stood for, "Rich Urban Bikers"! and I was not the only guy to notice them. Harley picked up on it. Fast forward to today. Who ever heard of Jesse James or Orange County Choppers two years ago?? Who ever heard of a $75,000 Harley? (Quick note to those who do not know, The Custom Bikes they build have REPLICA Harley engines in them!) But they are riding a wave of popularity doing something I got into 20 years ago. Back then folks laughed at us for riding these oil dripping, not real fast, Police magnets. Todays Harley rider is on the average 47 years old, and makes six figures. and averages 2500 miles per year. I am just a guy who has been around the BLOCK A TIME OR TWO and learned some things along the way. Today, I still own 2 Harleys. I do not ride to the old standard. I fall more in line with a "RUB" than my old image. I can live with that. I have a 5.5 year old son who is in awe of COBRAS and SHELBYS. Days I would have spent riding are now spent with him at my side in the GT 500 or in a Side car of the Harley(The Soccer moms go crazy over the thing when I pick him up at school with it). So Curse me for being honest and wanting to do something you have done (Get a Cobra). I got broad shoulders Brother and I can carry the load. and check your e-mail as I want to ask you some questions about your "Unique".