View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 396 CI
Not Ranked     

Rick, if you will give me your home mailing address, i will send you about a ten page article from a Ford magazine on Windsor oiling. I can't do this for too many people, but it will explain a lot about the lubricatioin of the Windsor motor.

As for which oil is best, i believe the most controversal "posts" or opinions i have found in the past few years are exactly this, what is the best lubrication plan for an engine. You will get many very different opionions, so eventually, you will have to sort out your own decision.

Personally, i believe each engine and circumstance is just a little bit unique from every other, and blanket recommendations or tales of this or that experience, may not precisely relate to your motor in your car in your garage.

You will need to educate your self for your decision. I have been very interested in engine lubrication, and have sought out and read everything i can since the mid '70's, when i became interested in the first commercial synthetics, and why so many Porsche engines were failing in Europe.

So, finally, i have confidence in my own motor's lubrication. I think i have made good decisions, as my stroked Windsor, which has probably a thousand race course laps, has over 70,000 miles on it, with nary a leak, smoke, or knock.
IV Corps 71-72, Gulf War