View Single Post
Old 02-07-2004, 03:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Dean

Thought I would add a little here also.

My wheelbase is 92" with 2" in the doors. My camera opposite has a few photos of the car in side profile. When the body arrived we sat in on the flloor next to a 90" car and it just did not hit you in the face.

The only give away was the lengthened doors that you could see in the Gel coat. No one has noticed since I painted a little white acrylic over that.

I'm 6' and have the seats right back and ride very comfortably.

I have lowered the floor right below the chassis and look through the mid screen. I have also made a footbox that lowers an additional 1 1/2" from the seat forward drivers side.

I sat in the Midstates car at the 'Run N Run' in October and saw the extra room and comfort with this footbox addition.

Obviously when you get the body you can cut and glass to your hearts content to gain a little bit here and there.

I have also put a larger roll in the seat below my upper leg and a fuller roll in the mid back of the seats. This has also made a big difference to comfort.

Now I have done just on 7,000 k's (4,200 miles) in 3 months running from Mt. Gambier to a race shop in Melbourne Victoria. No problem with comfort.

With sheer fun and excitement you forget about any discomfort.

Cheers

Bernie

Cruising in summer sun
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026