View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 12:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The irony. I have a call into Keith to propose my suggestion below but have not heard back and then this thread pops up.

I doubt anyone going to take that risk but I have a non-biased solution.

This very discussion was brought up earlier today after I posted a "why is KCR being single out reply". There is a much simpler method of coming to a conclusion. I have a side-oiler that was just dynoed in August using the best parts from Jessel's rockers to JE pistons and runs 11:1 compression. It is a .17 over standard bore with stock LeMans crank (3.781) using the Edelbrock Performer RPM heads and port matched Victor 427 Single plane intake. The cam is a .590 lift solid lifter Crower unit with a lift of 260/255 @ .50. This motor dynoed at Garry Grimes (his father Hoyt is a NHRA Hall of Fame drag racer and still active in builds) shop in Atlanta in August and produced 543 Hp @6,800 rpms & 496 lbs trq. at 5,300. Since I installed the another motor to allow the buyer to experience it prior to purchase, my 427 is out and ready for a dyno. All things being equal I'll provide my heads to Keith for his CNC work and have it dynoed back at Grimes in Atlanta. I have all previous dyno sheets available and should provide a solid platform for what Keith can do to heads and their impact on performace gains.

Last edited by Cracker; 02-09-2004 at 12:53 PM..