View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Other colors are nice. Alot of Blue w/white stripes, red w/white stripes. Silver is nice. They are all fairly common.

Color is very subjective but there is no color (or lack of color, technically) like black when its clean and well maintained. Nothing comes close in elegance and capturing the sinister personality of the 427SC at the same time. Nothing.

Is it a difficult color to maintain? Yes. But when you learn how its not so bad. Few of these cars sees every day use and abuse anyway.

While there weren't many original 427's in black it was an original color choice (Raven Black that is) and thats what I went with with no stripes. Shelby's own 427 twin paxton Cobra was done in Raven black. I haven't seen another than can match its "presence" and sinister aura just sitting there.

When its clean and shiney, nothing comes close. Nothing.

Also, if you want to duplicate the "60's" finish go with a single stage piant. Base coat/clear coat gives it too much of a "shine" more like patent leather.

P.S. I don't trailer the car as much as some of the characters here would have you believe. In fact I don't think the car saw the trailer once last summer. Spent more time driving it than at shows.

Last edited by REAL 1; 02-09-2004 at 08:14 PM..