Thread: Era 377
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 06:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 377 - 428SCJ
Not Ranked     
Default ERA 377

You know Duane, the past year or so that I have seriously been considering a Cobra over another Vette has been incredibly interesting. All of the searches, groups, ebay, visits to Kirkham, Pittsburgh, Newberry Park and Phoenix introduced me to very interesting and accomplished people as well as educated me beyond all expectations. A year or a year and a half ago I was sure that I could "take care of my Cobra Itch" for $25-$30K. Boy did the cost of education go up. I came to realize the many choices and differences between the various availble cars and ultimately knew that I was not going to be satisfied with:
Anything not looking very original
A small block
A straight axel
A donor car type
Etc.
That realization also took me way up the $$ ladder and into a discomfort zone (especially for my wife). I am now comfortable with the investment and believe that even if the worst occured and I was forced to giveup the car, my loss if any would be small.
You know that from early on you gave me excellent advice via private mail regarding how to evaluate a purchase and were very instrumental in moving me up to where I have now arrived.
Thanks very much for your interest in my education.
428SCJ