View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Lubinski and Shelby doing business together. Hmmmmm......... Just one more stab at trying to make a buck (an overpriced buck, at that) while CS is still around, AND, it enables CS and his attorneys to get one last jab in at Jim Price / Superformance.
Is this really CS pulling the strings here, or his attorneys and upper management barking in his ear trying to pursuade the old man in directions that include dealing with "unsavory" characters? They (especially the attorneys) HAD to have known that their could be legal ramifications upon making this deal with Lubinski, knowing the Lubinski / Price situation. Almost sounds like they were LOOKING for trouble! Is this even about "the cars" anymore???

I don't know Jim Price, but I've talked with people who do, and I've read many stories about him and interviews that people have conducted with him. He's a very intelligent business man, and seems to conduct his business with intregrity. Perhaps he's a little too "trusting" and the "handshake" with someone like Lubinski wasn't a smart business move. Sounds like he put his love of the "cars" and helping AC out, ahead of his business sense at that particular moment in time. I would say he still has a strong case, however. IF he decides to follow through.
From what I gather, Mr. Price also has a strong sense of "principle". As Evan stated earlier, if JP feels like he has been wronged in any way, he's the type to take action........I would say just on principle alone. He knows Lubinski doesn't have any money to go after (as of NOW). ...........But once "product" has been developed (like the 1st years 50 cars, perhaps?), THEN there's something to go for.
If I were working at Shelby, I wouldn't get those CSX plates printed up just yet. Those AC's may end up with SPF numbers before all is said and done!
(Of course, either way.....Shelby's attorney's still make thier money. This all seems to be an interesting chain of events, to say the least.)