View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 08:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 351W, C4
Not Ranked     
Default Lodging

Steve,

I spent some time doing online hotel searches and here's what I found out.

Best Western - $152.00 plus tax for a one night stay.

Just about every B&B in the area charges in the $140 - $200 range and for Saturday night stays they require a two night booking.

I also looked at hotels/motels on the NJ side of the river and the best I could find in terms of distance and price is a Red Roof Inn in Lawrenceville, NJ. According to Mapquest the Red Roof Inn is 11.72 miles from Washington Crossing, PA.

Online the roome rate for a standard room is $66.49. I called the Red Roof (609) 896-3388, and spoke with the Manager, Tom and he said that booking through them the rate is $74.99 (Cheaper to book online at http://www.metrotravelguide.com/metr...dren=0&x=8&y=9

The manager told me that they do have weekend security staff whose duties include checking the hotel parking lot. He also said that they are right next door to Joe's Crab Shack (possibly an option for nightcap libations).

Let me know your thoughts. I have been through Larenceville in the past but it was so long ago that I really don't recall the area. How familiar are you with Lawrenceville?

Tony